Sunday, December 18, 2011

Strength Of Woman/Running Free


I did the sketch of a woman first. I kept looking at it, kept feeling the 'pull' to do a painting. The first person who saw it, knew what I wanted to say...better than I did myself :) It's about being who you are...breaking free from the chains of who society expects you to be...living your life as art. ....
I particularly like this one. It makes me think of powerful we women are, without having to resort to anything other than what Mother Nature gave us. It's real, and naked and truthful! I love this painting! Sometimes certain paintings reach out and speak to me. This one did. Alot of times when I buy a book, I notice it because of the cover art. I've discovered alot of authors I really like that way! LOL" Kathie




No comments:

Post a Comment